How Smart Grids work
A smart grid integrates the actions of all the involved actors, producers or consumers, to distribute electricity in an efficient, sustainable and cost-effective manner.
Smart grids combine the most innovative devices and services with advanced monitoring, control and communication technologies, in order to:
- Fully integrate renewable energy sources into the electricity grids;
- Engage customers, optimizing their consumption while improving the operation of the overall system (activedemand);
- Implement the charging infrastructure needed to develop electric mobility;
- Significantly reduce the environmental impact of theelectricity sector;
- Enhance the reliability of the whole network.