Enel regards the environment, the fight against climate change and sustainable development as strategic factors in carrying out and expanding its activities and as key drivers for strengthening its leadership in energy markets. The Group’s environmental policy is based on 3 fundamental principles and pursues 10 strategic targets.
- Safeguarding the environment.
- Improving and promoting the environmental features of products and services.
- Creating corporate value.
- Application of internationally-recognized environmental management systems to its entire organization.
- Optimized integration of installations and buildings into the landscape, while conserving biodiversity.
- Mitigation of environmental impacts by applying the best available technologies and the best practices in building, operating and decommissioning its installations.
- Leadership in renewables and low-emission electricity generation.
- Efficient use of energy, water and raw materials.
- Optimized management of waste and liquid releases.
- Development of innovative technologies for the environment.
- Communication of Enel’s environmental management efforts to the public at large and to institutions.
- Environmental awareness, training & education of employees.
- Promotion of environmentally-sustainable practices among suppliers and contractors.