The Enel Cuore Association is a fund-purveyor Onlus created with a view to raising and distributing funds to implement charitable initiatives, by providing the greatest benefits. For Enel Cuore Onlus the prerequisite to carry out this activity is the optimal management of economic resources, whose limits can be necessarily found in the budget set every year. In fact, it has been clearly established that the distribution of resources shall follow a careful and transparent process to select the initiatives to be supported. With a view to making its activity of resource distribution as effective as possible, Enel Cuore Onlus shall apply the following guidelines:
- preliminary analysis of the civil society needs;
- greatest attention paid to people and social and environmental contexts;
- full transparency of the fund and resource provision activity;
- control of the provision process and of the results achieved.
The procedure to select an initiative (project/specific activity) is composed of two phases, designed in such a way that only the positive outcome of the former allows to be admitted to the latter.
Filling in and sending of the 'form to submit initiatives'
An initiative (project/specific activity) is deemed admissible if:
a. the form is filled in fully and appropriately;
b. the initiative is consistent with the Enel Cuore Onlus goals, as defined in the Articles of Association;
c. the information provided allow to define the proponent as a sound and reliable subject;
d. the proponent is ready to follow a pathway to delve into the initiative proposed;
e. the proponent does not fall within any of the exclusion cases strictly indicated by Enel Cuore Onlus.
Pathway to delve into the initiative proposed
I. Evaluation of the proponents and, in particular:
if the proponent is an individual, the following documents may be requested:
1. the criminal record;
2. the antimafia certificate;
3. the last statement of accounts;
if the proponent is an organization, the following documents and information may be requested:
1. as to the legal representative, the same documents requested to individuals;
2. the articles of association/the memorandum of association;
3. the indication of the proceeds from institutional activities and fund-raising;
4. the indication of the costs born for social solidarity activities;
5. the indication of the costs born for management activities;
6. information on the composition of the corporate bodies;
7. information on the projects carried out in the past;
8. a detailed list of the backers of the projects carried out in the past.
Furthermore, regardless of the proponent being an individual or an organization, Enel Cuore Onlus may request additional information designed to ascertain that the proponent does not fall within any of the exclusion cases.
The above stated analyses may be carried out by Enel Cuore Onlus directly or by means of certifiers and/or auditors.
II. Evaluation of the proposed initiatives on the basis of the following criteria:
4. distinctive/exceptional nature of the problem for which the initiative is proposed;
5. ability to reach the proposed goals;
6. impact on scarcely assisted sectors, also from the economic and territorial viewpoints;
7. possibility to gain access to other forms of funding.
However, Enel Cuore Onlus shall decide whether to grant or not the funds, not only on the basis of these initiatives meeting the above stated criteria, but also on the basis of a more general evaluation of the overall social impact of said initiatives.