Over the past year, Enel has maintained or improved its score and positioning in the majority of ESG ratings and sustainability indices, with several important results achieved, including:
- achievement, for the first time, of “AAA” rating (“AA” in 2018), by MSCI ESG Research, the main provider of data and research studies, which measures the performance of companies on the basis of ESG factors. In particular, Enel is among the top ten utility companies present;
- insertion in the CDP Climate “A-List” (“A-” rating in 2018), confirming its leadership in the management of risks and opportunities linked to climate change, supported by a reduction of greenhouse gas emissions;
- presence, for the first year, in the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index, confirming the commitment and performance in the realm of promotion and integration of gender diversity throughout the Company’s entire value chain;
- presence, for the first time, in the Global 100 Ranking of Corporate Knights, achieving the eighth position in the general classification and the second position in the energy sector;
- best positioning in the utility sector both in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index World, reaching the fourth position (a gain of two positions compared to 2018), and in the FTSE4Good Index, reaching the second position (two positions more than in 2018).
The other Group companies, namely Endesa, Enel Américas, Enel Chile and Enel Russia, have maintained or improved their performance in the majority of the ESG rating processes in which they participated in 2019.