Enel's Risk Management has the objective of ensuring effective Group-wide implementation and management of risk management processes regarding all risks that affect the economic and financial performance of the Group and its subsidiaries, as well as their assets. Its role is to:
- Define and implement a Group-wide risk management governance;
- Define Group-wide methods for the identification and measurement of risks;
- Implement a risk control system;
- Transfer unmanageable risk to the insurance market;
- Define a risk mitigation strategy;
- Monitor risk.
This approach is based on a single risk management model that guarantees each component complement the other while ensuring the unity of the whole. Awareness of risk has been brought to the Group by the integration of the guide line into the operations of all its subsidiary companies.