The 70% of the energy generated by the two facilities will be sold to a pool of distribution companies and the remaining 30% will be sold on the free market, as per auction rules
EGP will be investing more than 160 million reais ( approx. 40 million US dollars) for this concession
Rome and Rio de Janeiro, November 26th, 2015 Enel Green Power (EGP) has been awarded a 30-year concession for two operating hydro power plants with a total installed capacity of 40 MW in Brazil, following the Leilão de Concessões public tender held on November 25th. The two hydro power plants are Paranapanema (32 MW), located in São Paulo state, and Mourão I (8 MW), located in Parana state, and together they are able to generate approximately 270 GWh per year.
The two facilities are supported by 30-year supply contracts which provide for the sale of 70% of the energy generated by the two plants to a pool of distribution companies, while the remaining 30% will be sold on the free market, as per auction rules.
EGP will be investing more than 160 million reais (approx. 40 million US dollars) for this concession and will be in charge for the operation of the plants over the next 30 years.
The awarding of this concession consolidates EGPs position as one of the main players in the renewable sector in Brazil, where the company currently runs 93 MW of hydro capacity, 313 MW of wind and 12 MW of solar. The awarding represents a further step in EGPs strategy aimed at implementing a technologically well-balanced portfolio in the country.
Enel Green Power is the Enel Group company fully dedicated to the international development and management of renewable energy sources, with operations in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. With a generation capacity that corresponds to approximately 32 billion kWh in 2014 from water, sun, wind and the Earths heat enough to meet the energy needs of more than 11 million households Enel Green Power is a world leader in the sector thanks to its well-balanced generation mix that provides generation volumes well over the sector average. The company has an installed capacity of more than 10,600 MW from a mix of sources including wind, solar, hydropower, geothermal and biomass. The company has about 760 plants operating in 17 countries.
In Latin America, Enel Green Power runs renewable energy plants in Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama and Uruguay that have a total installed capacity of more than 2,000 MW.
All Enel Green Power press releases are also available in smartphone and tablet versions. You can download the Enel Corporate App at Apple Store.
Enel S.p.A. provides for the dissemination to the public of regulated information by using SDIR NIS, managed by BIt Market Services, a London Stock Exchange Group's company, with registered office at Milan, Piazza degli Affari, 6. For the storage of regulated information made available to the public, Enel S.p.A. has adhered, as from July 1st, 2015 to the authorized mechanism denominated “NIS-Storage”, available at the address www.emarketstorage.com, managed by the above mentioned BIt Market Services S.p.A. and authorized by CONSOB with the resolution No. 19067 of November 19th, 2014. From May 19th 2014 to June 30th 2015 Enel S.p.A. used the authorized mechanism for the storage of regulated information denominated “1Info”, available at the address www.1info.it, managed by Computershare S.p.A. with registered office in Milan and authorized by CONSOB with resolution No. 18852 of April 9th, 2014