Brussels, 6 June 2007 - The Chairman of Slovenské Elektrárne, Paolo Ruzzini, met today with a number of top European energy officials to discuss the investments of more than $2.2 billion planned by Enels subsidiary in Slovakia
During the meetings - which involved representatives of Energy Committee of the European Parliament, representatives of the European Commission, and the Green group - Ruzzini devoted particular attention to the plan to complete the Mochovce 3 and 4 units, emphasising that the technological standards of the upgrades implemented by Enel would put the facilities on the same safety and efficiency levels as those of Western power stations.
Ruzzini underscored that the project would be completed in line with the guidelines adopted by the leading international bodies, including the Western European Nuclear Regulators Association (WENRA) and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). The operational safety of the VVER440/213 reactors has undergone continuous improvement in the last 15 years: there are currently 24 plants of this type operating with excellent results in seven different countries. The safety systems that Enel plans to install will make the facilities comparable to third-generation nuclear power stations.
Enels investment in Slovakia is an integral part of its European growth strategy. In an increasingly integrated and competitive market at the continental level, Enels objectives are:
- to achieve a well-balanced mix of energy sources and generation systems;
- to promote CO2 emission-free technologies compliant with the Kyoto Protocol;
- to minimize geopolitical risk, diversifying sources by energy commodity and country of origin.
Enel owns 66% of Slovenske Elektrarne, the leading generation company in Slovakia, which has about 5,000 Megawatt of capacity, of which some 1,800 from nuclear power. The remaining 34% of the company is held by the government of Slovakia.
For the dissemination to the public and the storage of regulated information made available to the public, Enel S.p.A. has decided to use respectively the platforms “eMarket SDIR” and “eMarket Storage”, both available at the address www.emarketstorage.com and managed by Teleborsa S.r.l. - with registered office in Rome, at 4 Piazza Priscilla - as per CONSOB authorization and resolutions n. 22517 and 22518 of November 23, 2022.
From May 19th 2014 to June 30th 2015, Enel S.p.A. used the authorized mechanism for the storage of regulated information denominated “1Info”, available at the address www.1info.it, managed by Computershare S.p.A. with registered office in Milan and authorized by Consob with resolution No. 18852 of April 9th, 2014.