The parties agreed on the main terms and conditions for the sale of Marcinelle Energie S.A, a company owning a 420 MW power plant in Belgium, for a consideration of 227 million euros.
This sale is part of the 6 billion euros disposal programme that Enel announced last March at its 2013 – 2017 business plan presentation.

St. Petersburg/Rome, June 21st, 2013 – Today, within the framework of the St. Petersburg Economic Forum, Fulvio Conti, CEO and General Manager of Enel, and Alexei Miller, CEO of OAO Gazprom, signed a non-binding Letter of Intent aimed at the sale to the Russian company of the entire share capital of Marcinelle Energie S.A., a company owning a 420 MW combined-cycle gas turbine power plant in Belgium, for a consideration of 227 million euros on a cash and debt free basis.

This Letter of Intent paves the way for a binding and final agreement, whose final terms and conditions shall be agreed upon and executed by the end of September 2013, following which date the Letter of Intent shall cease to exist.

As per similar transactions, the execution of the transaction will be subject to the approval of the competent corporate bodies  of the parties involved as well as to the authorization of the Competition and Regulatory Authorities, as required by the law.

In June 2008, Enel entered 80% of Marcinelle Energie, a 420 MW combined cycle gas turbine plant gas in the Wallonia region in partnership with steel corporation Duferco which owned the remaining 20%. In December 2012 Enel raised its stake to 100% by acquiring the additional 20% from Duferco. 


Enel press releases have all now smartphone and tablet versions.
Download Enel Mobile App from Apple Store , Google Play and BlackBerry App World

Microsoft Word - Enel-Gazprom inglese

PDF (0.06MB) Descargar

For the dissemination to the public and the storage of regulated information made available to the public, Enel S.p.A. has decided to use respectively the platforms “eMarket SDIR” and “eMarket Storage”, both available at the address www.emarketstorage.com and managed by Teleborsa S.r.l. - with registered office in Rome, at 4 Piazza Priscilla - as per CONSOB authorization and resolutions n. 22517 and 22518 of November 23, 2022. 

From May 19th 2014 to June 30th 2015, Enel S.p.A. used the authorized mechanism for the storage of regulated information denominated “1Info”, available at the address www.1info.it, managed by Computershare S.p.A. with registered office in Milan and authorized by Consob with resolution No. 18852 of April 9th, 2014.