· Revenues: 26,414 million euros (34,136 million euros in the first quarter of 2022, -22.6%)
- The change is mainly attributable to progressively declining energy prices, following the normalization of the energy context
· Ordinary EBITDA: 5,463 million euros (4,486 million euros in the first quarter of 2022, +21.8%)
- The increase is attributable to growth of the integrated business, as a result of the combination of the Thermal Generation and Trading, Enel Green Power, End-User Markets and Enel X businesses, together with the improved results of Enel Grids
· EBITDA: 4,765 million euros (4,5491 million euros in the first quarter of 2022, +4.7%)
· EBIT: 2,951 million euros (2,8311 million euros in the first quarter of 2022, +4.2%)
- The change mainly reflects the positive performance of operations, which more than offset higher depreciation and amortization recorded during the first quarter of 2023
· Group net ordinary income: 1,512 million euros (1,484 million euros in the first quarter of 2022, +1.9%)
- The change reflects the positive performance of ordinary operations, which more than offset the increase in net financial expenses, due to the increase in interest rates combined with higher gross debt in the period compared to the first quarter of 2022, as well as the higher tax burden and the increase of non-controlling interests for the results achieved, mainly in Spain, Latin America and Romania
· Group net income: 1,034 million euros (1,430 million euros in the first quarter of 2022, -27.7%)
· Net financial debt: 58,901 million euros (60,068 million euros at the end of 2022, -1.9%)
- The cash flows generated by operations alongside the results from extraordinary activities more than offset the requirements generated by investments over the period and by the payment of dividends
· Capital expenditure: 2,873 million euros (2,533 million euros in the first quarter of 2022, +13.4%)
- The increase is attributable to growth in capital expenditure in Enel Green Power and Enel Grids
“The outstanding results achieved by Enel in the first quarter of 2023 further confirm the solidity of our integrated business model which has allowed the Group to successfully face a highly challenging start of the decade,” commented Enel CEO Francesco Starace. “We have progressed significantly in the implementation of our repositioning plan in Italy and other core geographies, already exceeding half of the 21 billion euro disposal target announced at the presentation of the 2023-2025 Strategic Plan. The excellent operational and financial performances achieved by Enel in the quarter provide clear visibility on the rest of the year, allowing us to confirm already now the guidance for 2023 on ordinary EBITDA, Net ordinary income and net debt provided to financial markets.”
 The figures for the first quarter of 2022 have been adjusted, for comparative purposes only, to take into account the classification under “Net income from discontinued operations” of the results relating to assets held in Russia (sold during the fourth quarter of 2022), Romania and Greece, given that the requirements of IFRS 5 for their classification as “discontinued operations” have been met.
 For a more accurate representation, the taxes relating to the ordinary items of the first quarter of 2022 have been restated to take into account the non-ordinary nature of the solidarity contribution accounted for during the first quarter of 2022 for a total of 41 million euros. This adjustment also entailed the recalculation of the “Group net ordinary income” for the same period.
For the dissemination to the public and the storage of regulated information made available to the public, Enel S.p.A. has decided to use respectively the platforms “eMarket SDIR” and “eMarket Storage”, both available at the address www.emarketstorage.com and managed by Teleborsa S.r.l. - with registered office in Rome, at 4 Piazza Priscilla - as per CONSOB authorization and resolutions n. 22517 and 22518 of November 23, 2022.
From May 19th 2014 to June 30th 2015, Enel S.p.A. used the authorized mechanism for the storage of regulated information denominated “1Info”, available at the address www.1info.it, managed by Computershare S.p.A. with registered office in Milan and authorized by Consob with resolution No. 18852 of April 9th, 2014.